Friday, April 8, 2011

How can I improve my comprehension?

My comprehension has always been not so good. I am unable to grasp the key to the question and often I end up answering wrong. To improve my comprehension, what can I do?

My family told me that more practice would be effective. By excess practice, I would encounter different kinds of questions, and through a certain amount of effort, I would eventually learn how to answer and do well in my comprehension. But, such an effort would take more than 1 term to actually take effect, and by then my comprehension test would have long passed. I would need a faster way to improve.

My teacher told me that understanding the question is also important. Before answering, look at the marks, look at the key words of the question. By doing this, I would be able to get to the key of the question. But this also has its flaws: I could misunderstand what the key word wanted me to answer, and I would answer wrong. The way to prevent this was through again, practice, which I cannot afford.

I wish that I could find an efficient way to improve my comprehension before the test, but it seems that the best way would always lead back to practice. Is practice the only way? Is there any other way to advance faster?

1 comment:

  1. My comprehension is also not very good. I always do not understand the passage even though I have already annotated TKAMB and I will score badly for it. So, I guess annotating and understanding the passage is important?

    ReplyDelete